They're special because you made them yourself!
Homemade creative romantic gift ideas - where you have put thought and effort into their creation - can mean just as much to your partner as the most expensive bought present.
So for those times when money is short, or you simply feel like showing your love with something from your hands as well as your heart, here are some ideas you might like.
When you have read the suggestions below,
do visit the links on this page to lots of other romantic gift ideas.
for when you would just prefer to go out and buy.
Of course if you have an artistic hobby like pottery or painting, then coming up with a great creative romantic gift ideas is a no-brainer.
And in these days of technology, do-it-yourself kits and computer programs, there is no reason for the rest of us not to find something acceptable that can also pass as homemade.
So if you have been clever with creative romantic gift ideas that you are really proud of we'd love to hear about it.
Take a couple of minutes to tell us, and the other visitors to this site, what you made and the experience of making it.
So let's get you started with some of our ideas that may be right for you.
- Say it with songs: Gather together a selection of favorite tunes and songs and either burn them to a single CD, or load them up on their I pod.
You may have to find an excuse to borrow the I pod and then the selection can be a real surprise.
- A calender of your love: Choose 12 photos of places you have been together and have had a wonderful time. Decorate a plain wall calender with them so each month the pictures will bring back special memories.
- Add a monogram: You can give anything from a towel or a bathrobe to a T-shirt or a cushion or even glass wear (the possibilities are almost endless) and it becomes a homemade if there is a personal message or symbol embroidered or stamped on it.
- Create a romantic webpage online: A webpage that traces the romance of your relationship and is full of romantic things to say is bound to be a winner. We have a free and easy way for you to do this and show your creativity at
Love Messages Online
where you can upload your photos, videos, special messages and quotes in your very own webpage.
- A slideshow of your good times: Gather together a bunch of digital photos that trace your relationship and create a computer slide show of date, holidays, special occasions and so on. Put in some background music of favorite and relevant romantic songs.
- Cookup a favorite dish: This may sound a bit corny, but turning up at their place with their favorite indulgent desert, cake or biscuits home prepared, could be a winner, especially if you also bring a bottle of bubbly.
- A card can say it all: Whatever your ideas for homemade romantic gifts, you are going to want to give a card with it. Why not make that yourself?
You could use colored cardboard and decorate with flowers and leaves or photographs to name a few ideas.
And then if you are stuck to what you write you could get some ideas from our pages of
Romantic Quotes and Sayings
Return to Top of
Romantic Homemade Gifts
What Was the Best Homemade Romantic Gift
You Have Ever Given Or Received?
Do you have a "creative homemade romantic gift" story to tell? For example, what was the most romantic gift that you've ever given or received?
What made this gift so special or romantic to you? Share your story with the rest of us! We'd love to hear from you!
Quick Links to More Romantic Gift Ideas
Unique and Meaningful Romantic Gifts
Romantic Birthday Gifts For Him
Romantic Birthday Gifts for Her
Return to Romantic Gift Ideas from Creative Romantic Gift Ideas
Return to Romantic Ideas Home from Creative Romantic Gift Ideas